Regional Sales Manager - Ontario
Nilex is looking for a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our Ontario team. Working closely with the Director of Sales, the RSM is accountable for the sales activities in the Ontario Region. Managing the sales team and the sales process, they will perform at a high level to promote the Nilex brand and grow sales and gross margin within their assigned market or territory. The RSM utilizes their technical skillset to differentiate and offer optimal solutions to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select, direct, and coach the regional sales team in alignment with the Company’s short and long-term strategic and financial goals and objectives.
- Develop and effectively communicate team and individual targets and provide regular coaching to ensure targets are met.
- Continually assess team and individual performance and determine corrective action for individuals when targets are not being met.
- Develop accurate, well-researched budgets and forecasts for the Ontario region as required.
- In collaboration with the Director of Sales, develop the Ontario region's long-term strategic and financial plan and specific execution steps to achieve the plan.
- Work with the Director of Supply Chain to maintain strategic levels of product inventory to balance serving customer demands with the accumulation of excess, slow-moving inventory.
- Work effectively with other Company personnel and leadership staff within defined processes and procedures to ensure that personnel and operations gain full advantage of the Company’s support infrastructure.
- Other duties as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- 10 years progressive sales leadership experience in a design/engineered sales environment or civil/geotechnical engineering.
- Post-secondary education in business or engineering-related discipline is preferred.
- Financial competency, able to comprehend a profit and loss statement, balance sheet implications on cash flow, and the process of annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
As a successful candidate, you are a natural leader with the ability to lead a team to accomplish company goals and objectives. You have experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning. With your excellent presentation skills, you can expand market awareness through effective communication of the features, benefits, and value proposition of Nilex products, services, and industry experience.