Geomembrane Installation Technician
Nilex: A leader in the geosynthetics industry, providing innovative solutions to support environmental construction since 1977. Consistent with sound construction practices, Nilex is committed to providing the highest standards of safety and quality performance.
Position Outline: Working as part of a field crew, you will be responsible for the installation of geomembrane liners and other geosynthetic products. This position provides you with an excellent opportunity to build a career in the geosynthetics industry.
What Nilex is Offering:
- Nilex is offering more than a liner installation career. Our technicians will be exposed to the installation of other applications and products that Nilex supplies.
- Competitive hourly rate (following our talent Matrix) with opportunity for overtime.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Transportation to/ from work sites is provided from our Edmonton and Calgary offices.
- Paid travel time and per diems. Lodging is provided for out of town work.
- PPE is supplied. Steel toe boot allowance is available.
- Our industry-specific skill development progression system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing and welding of geosynthetic products.
- Utilizing hand tools to support the installation.
- Communicating with your supervisor and co-workers.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment and periodic site-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Actively participating in Nilex's Work Smart health and safety program while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with HDPE liner and other liner products will be evaluated.
- Construction field certificates including H2S alive and CSTS.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and to be away from home up to 24 days at a time.
- Physical stamina, overall good health and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and pride in quality workmanship.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract is an asset.
- Experience working with hand tools, equipment, machinery, and previous construction experience is an asset.
Nilex encourages employees to build on their strengths, challenge boundaries and simply to have fun. Unearth your best – become a Nilexian.